A reader passed this on to me in regards to my green building certification blog. She jokingly wondered what kind of renewal process these landmark buildings would need to go through.
Ten Global Landmarks You Didn’t Know Were Green
By Rob Jones
- The Empire State Building – New York City, NY
- Transamerica Pyramid – San Francisco CA
- The Staples Center – Los Angeles CA
- VANOC 2010 Winter Olympic Headquarters – Vancouver, BC Canada
- Canary Wharf Tower – London, England
- HSBC Bank Headquarters Tower – Mexico City, Mexico
- Commerzbank Tower – Frankfurt, Germany
- National Library – Singapore
- Harvard University – Boston MA
- Shanghai Tower – Shanghai , China
You can find the blog in its entirety here.
Oh By The Way… This list is from December 31, 2009, so if anyone has an updated list I would love to know! Or we can make our own list. I am nominating The Sky Tower – Bucharest, Romania and the “Old Jewelers Building”, now the Environmental Law and Policy Center – Chicago, IL.
Another Oh By The Way… Here is another green architecture blog I wrote in April 2013.